- About Us
- Our Work
- Advocacy & Organizing
- Civic Engagement
- Capacity Building & Leadership Development
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- PA is Ready!
- Get Involved
PA is READY! - ¡PA está LISTO!
PA is READY! is a diverse coalition of organizations across Pennsylvania formed in September 2014 to ensure that Pennsylvania immigrant communities get the information and assistance they need to apply for immigration assistance. Through a collaborative process, PA is READY! provides small grants to community based organizations and legal service providers to support community outreach, education and application assistance. See our calendar for events near you.
PA is Ready! is coordinated by the Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition. For more information, please contact Judy Kim, the statewide coordinator at: email@example.com or 215-832-0615
The primary goals of PA is READY! are to:
- Build statewide capacity to provide immigration assistance, including: DAPA preparation, 2012 DACA applications and renewals, Legal screenings, Citizenship applications.
- Prevent the exploitation of immigrants through immigration (or “notario”) fraud
- Screen and enroll as many eligible immigrants in DACA+ and DAPA as possible once the application process opens
- Build immigrant leadership and organizing capacity to engage in local, state and federal immigrant rights campaigns
- Reach the diverse immigrant communities eligible for DACA and DAPA
It was announced on May 12, 2016, that ICE is planning a month-long series of raids between May and June. Similar to the January raids, ICE is targeting Central American women and children who have arrived without inspection to the U.S. after January 1, 2014. Learn more here.
Know Your Rights! What You Can Do Now:
- Attend a local Know Your Rights Session and invite everyone you know!
- Download resources to help educate your community!
- Raids Rapid Response Toolkit: English and EspañolHome Raids resources from the Immigrant Defense Project
- Easy-to-use English & Español infographics from United We Dream
- Helpful resources and tips on talking to children about immigration enforcement by the New York Immgration Coalition.
- Know Your Rights Cards in multiple languages by the Immigrant Legal Resource Center.
- Report raids to the United We Dream Hotline: 1-844-363-1423.
- You can also volunteer for the hotline! English/Spanish volunteers needed.
- Sign the petition demanding President Obama stop the raids and the deportations!
Call our hotline PA is READY! at 215-832-0895 for weekly updates on information sessions in your area.
Llame a nuestra línea 215-832-0895 para actualizaciones semanales de sesiones informativas en su area.
The Supreme Court just announced a 4-4 tied decision on United States vx. Texas. This means that the injunction on DAPA implementation will continue to stand, and Judge Hanen (who has publicly taken an anti-immigrant stance) will decide whether to move forward on the substance of the law suit to decide whether DAPA is constitutional. However, even in the face of this disappointment, immigrant families and allies are organizing, and will not rest until every member of our families and communities are protected from unjust deportations.
All sessions and clinics are FREE! Todas las sesiones y clinicas son GRATIS!
|Type of Session or Clinic||Region||Where?||
|Learn about the Driver's License Campaign||Gettysburg||Gettysburg College: 300 N Washington Street||8/6/16: 6pm||MILPA: 484-602-5396|
|DACA Information Session||Harrisburg||International Service Center: 21 South River Street||8/12/16: 10-12pm||Sailey: 717-230-8741|
|Citizenship and DACA Legal Clinic||Allentown||St. Luke's Church: 417 N. 7th Street||8/14/16: 3-5pm||610-972-0736|
|Citizenship, DACA, and ITIN Information Session||Philadelphia||Mexican Consulate: 111 S Independence Mall E #310
||8/15/16: 9am||Ceiba: 215-634-7245|
|Citizenship, DACA, and ITIN Information Session||Philadelphia||St. Martin of Tours Church: 5450 Roosevelt Blvd||8/21/16: 1pm||Ceiba: 215-634-7245|
|Document Review Clinic||Philadelphia||Esperanza: 4261 N. 5th Street||8/29/16: 6-8pm||
|Document Review Clinic||Philadelphia||Esperanza: 4261 N. 5th Street||8/29/16: 6-8pm||Ceiba: 215-634-7245|
In the absence of movement from Congress on Comprehensive Immigration Reform, on November 20, 2014, President Obama used his executive powers "to fix as much of the immigration system as possible on his own," including creation of the Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA) Program and expansion of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program.
Por falta de movimiento en el Congreso para Reforma Migratoria Integral, el 20 de noviembre, 2014, el Presidente Obama usó sus poderes ejecutivos para "reparar lo más posible por su cuenta del sistema de inmigración." Hay dos componentes de su acción: el Programa de Acción Diferida para Responsabilidad de los Padres (DAPA) y la extensión del Programa de Acción Diferida para los Llegados en la Infancia (DACA).
IMPORTANT UPDATE (6/23/16): There is no application! The Supreme Court of the United States announced a 4-4 tie on the Texas vs. US case that directly involves DAPA and DACA+. As a result, DAPA and DACA+, were not made available. Again, Applications are NOT available. Don't get scammed, do not pay anyone for a place in line for immigration relief. Continue to visit our website, stay informed and attend information sessions.
NOTA IMPORTANTE (el 23 de junio, 2016): No hay ninguna aplicación! La corte supreme de los estados unidos anuncio un empate 4-4 en el case de Texas vs. US, el caso que involucra directamene los programas de DAPA y DACA ampliado. Las aplicaciones no existen. No se deje engañar, no pague a nadie por un lugar en la fila para el alivio de la inmigración. Mantengase informado visitando nuestro sitio we.
DACA/DAPA Announcements / Anuncios de DACA/DAPA
Check out these great videos explaining DACA/DAPA. Please feel free to use them to educate your community.
PLEASE NOTE: There has been a delay in the implementation of DACA and DAPA. The dates provided in our PSA's have changed. Applications are NOT being accepted. Don't get scammed, stay informed!
Ver a estos grandes videos que explican DACA/DAPA. Por favor utilizarlos para educar a su comunidad.
NOTA IMPORTANTE: Se ha producido un retraso en la implementación de DACA y DAPA. Las fechas en nuestro PSA han cambiado. No se aceptan aplicaciones. No se deje engañar, mantengase informado!